But, what is a price list?
- A price list must have a code that will be later assigned to the accounts. Bear in mind that codes are not unique, so it can be multiple pricelists with the same code (check the clarification notes to see why).
- A price list must have start and end dates.
- A Price list must be one of the following types:
o Price Rate: Only defines and overwrites the price found in the producto sheet.
o Discount Rate: Only defines the discount. It is applied on the price found in the product sheet overwriting the discount (from the product sheet) if any.
o Price & discount rate: Defines the price and the discount complemently overwriting the price and the discount found in the product sheet.
o If the pricelist is of type “Discount Rate” or “Prices & discount rate”, three discounts are offered and applied in cascade. (Chek clarification notes for more information).
Multiple pricelists with the same code: RepCamp lets you create multiple pricelists with the same code for different situations. Two examples would be:
- Current situation: You have a price list (code 01) for the current year (start date 01/01/2021), end date 31/12/2021) assigned to a group of costumers.
- Objective: Work a next year pricing policy on the system but you don’t want to apply it before first of January.
- Conclusión: By creating a parellel price list with the same code but different date range (start date 01/01/2022), end date 31/12/2022), you can silently work being sure that prices won’t be available until desired date.
- Current situation: You have a price list (code 01) for the current year (start date 01/01/2021, end date 31/12/2021) asigned to a group of costumers.
- Objective: During a short period of time within the same year, you want to make a promotion for a certain products, let’s say 25% of discount on swimsuits before summer time.
- Conclusión: Creating another pricelist with the same code but with shorter date range (start date 01/04/2022, end date 31/05/2022) RepCamm will “automatically” apply this discounts when creating an order within this dates for only those selected products.
Note that this “new with shorter date range” price list does not necessary has to contain the same products that the original one, it could only target a few that meet certain criteria.
Three discounts: Cascade calculation implies that the first discount is applied to the total net amount and the second discount is applied to the total net amount already decreased by the first discount amount, and so on so forth.
Pricing policy hierarchy: RepCamp will try to apply the most restrictive rule first and then will slowly go down step by step until reaching the most basic price defined in the actual product sheet.